Ceren Bingol founded the Studio in 2016 with the vision of creating projects that uplift and redefine the standards of living, working and experiencing our built environment.
Led by licensed architect Ceren Bingol, AIA, LEEDap, Ceren Bingol Studio is a small practice with project based collaborators. It is a cross-disciplinary environment where aesthetic, social, economic and environmental considerations are applied to architectural thinking to imagine and deliver projects at multiple scales: architecture, urbanism, interiors and products.
Previously a senior architect and project manager at Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA), Ceren led a mix of cultural, residential, commercial and master-planning projects, and she was most notably the project architect and manager of Quebec National Museum of Beaux-Arts in Quebec City which opened in June 2016. Prior to OMA, Ceren worked at Grimshaw Architects on high profile projects all of which exhibit exquisite attention to detail, building systems and sustainable design.
Our Mission is to design and develop projects that meld magic and logic, where people, nature and culture play as big a role as innovation, technology, and environmental and social sustainability.
Photography by Iwan Baan.
What We DESIGNED
• Detroit Artist Live-Work Complex, MI, Ceren Bingol Studio (in progress)
• Detroit Lakes House and Guest House, MN, Ceren Bingol Studio (completed 2017)
• Central Park West Residence, New York, Ceren Bingol Studio (completed 2016)
• Camlica Penthouse, Istanbul, Turkey, Ceren Bingol Studio (completed 2015)
• Mediterranean Residence, Bodrum, Turkey, Ceren Bingol Studio (completed 2014)
Mixed Use & Office
• The Plaza at Santa Monica Mixed Use Development, CA – OMA
• Transbay Block 8 Residential Tower, San Francisco, CA – OMA
• Cooconut Grove Residential Towers, Miami, FL - OMA
• Miami Beach Convention Center, Hotel and Masterplan – OMA
• 425 Park Avenue Office Tower, New York, NY – OMA
• RPJ Superblock for Walter Torre, Sao Paulo, Brazil – OMA
• MoMA West Mix-Used Highrise, NY - Grimshaw
Hospitality & Retail
• Coach Omotesando Flagship Store, Tokyo, Japan - OMA (completed 2013)
• Coach Macy’s Boutique, New York, NY - OMA (completed 2013)
• 1 Hotel, Austin, Texas - Grimshaw
Arts and Leisure
• Quebec National Museum of Fine Arts, Quebec, Canada - OMA (completed 2016)
• Albright Knox Museum Extension, Buffalo, NY - OMA
• Marina Abramovic Performance Arts Center, Hudson, NY - OMA (2015)
• Queens Museum of Art, Queens, NY - Grimshaw (completed 2013)
• Coney Island Center, Brooklyn, NY - Grimshaw
• Disney Tomorrowland, Shanghai, China - Grimshaw
• Ecorium, Biomes, Seocheon-gun, Korea - Grimshaw (completed 2013)
• Earthpark, Masterplan and Biomes, Doha, Qatar - Grimshaw
• New Doha International Airport City, Doha, Qatar - Grimshaw
• Newark Airport, Green Airport of the Future, NJ - Grimshaw
• Fulton Street Transit Center, New York, NY - Grimshaw (completed 2014)
• Waterloo Train Station Masterplan, London, UK - Grimshaw
• New York University 30 Year Masterplan, NY - Grimshaw